Friday, February 27, 2009

How Much?

Many friends have asked me many many questions over the last year,

"How much do you know about a particular firm/share? (e.g IBM)
How much do you know about Emerging Markets? (e.g. Brazil)
How much do you know about ETF? (e.g. ETFS Crude Oil)
How much do you know about Money Supply? (e.g. M1)
How much do you know about Chart Analysis? (e.g Elliott Wave)"
How much.........................

I've Kindly Reminded them,
"I'm NOT here to win the Next Noble Prize for Economics;
I'm NOT here to be the Next Financial Secretary;
I'm NOT here to become the Next Federal Reserve Chairperson.
I'm ONLY here to ensure I am NOT losing my Capital.
To be a Millionaire, you do NOT know to know Everything AND Everything in Fine
Details."

Even those appearing to know a lot about Economics are now Struggling.
Just look at the WWIII at the moment - there is NO Ending in sight.
The Pain Fact is,

Knowing the Problems does NOT mean they could SOLVE the Problems.

How much do I need to know?
Avoid Information Rich, Knowledge Poor, Decision Bad!

I only know the Basics and this is good enough for me.
I know I never have a chance to be a Billionaire!!

And the Basics are?

The Human Nature.

Look at the Mirror.
Then look at people around you.

Forget the Basics?
Then, Forget it.


Fate
Understanding Oneself, Understanding Others, then Understanding Everything

No comments: